The recent crisis has disrupted the global economy and is providing unprecedented levels of uncertainty. The challenge for most CFOs was initially to get the company moving again and now turns to cost saving while simultaneously looking for new growth.
Opportunities to digitise routes to market and customer service are for many the obvious route, but come at a cost. But how is it possible to identify cost savings and reinvest, when you are working with an abundance of misinformation that is out of date in seconds? In addition how do you plan and manage performance with multiple error prone spreadsheets?
There will be an interactive discussion on:
- The current pressure on businesses to cut costs, whilst ensuring their future.
- The challenges of making strategic decisions, based on mis-information.
- Why digital transformation makes technology investments the best starting point.
- The benefits of an automated real-time lens across the business for financial, planning and performance management.
You will leave the session:
- Considering how a service-oriented view of your business could enable you to quickly save 40%.
- Understanding how to effectively measure and manage the costs of your IT and shared service investments.
- With a full understanding of the tools available to enable full transparency over your IT and shared service costs, effectively plan new investments or cost optimisation initiatives and measure performance.
- Joe Wilson, Director - Global Accounts and International Sales Strategy Development, Serviceware
- Jolyon Hart, Strategic Advisor, Serviceware
Download the slides that accompanied this sessionDownload
Jolyon has strong commercial awareness and business acumen gained in large fast moving service orientated organisations highly focused on performance, quality and results. A specialist shared services practitioner, he has with a proven track record in delivering improved performance, quality and service in underperforming centres.
Joe qualified with PwC and then moved into the world of finance technology. Leveraging his experience he worked to enable organisations to better use technology to run more effective and efficient finance functions. Joe now works with organisations to enhance and plan their IT and shared service costs.
Virtually Live Partner
Serviceware offers strategies and software solutions that help companies compete digitally with best-in-class enterprise service management.
Data Analytics Certificate
The analyst pathway
Choose the Analyst pathway to develop the knowledge and practical data analytics skills needed to harness and make sense of data to solve business problems, and effectively communicate the results to influence decision-making.
Finance in a Digital World
ICAEW has worked with Deloitte to develop Finance in a Digital World, a suite of online learning modules to support ICAEW members and students, develop awareness and build understanding of digital technologies and their impact on finance.
ICAEW is able to provide Virtually Live 2021 free to our members and students, thanks to our commercial partners...
From full-day conferences offering the latest updates for specific sectors to webinars offering support on technical areas and communication skills. ICAEW offers hundreds of learning opportunities through its events.