Owing to changes in government legislation over the past decade, capital allowances are now a highly specialist area with many nuances. Claims often require several criteria to be qualified prior to filing, and a claim’s success or failure relies on a deep understanding of the applicable legislation and the level and quality of due diligence performed.
During this webinar experts from ICAEW Member Rewards Partner Catax will provide an insight into the world of Capital Allowances and share experiences and knowledge through a Q&A session that will cover:
- What are capital allowances in relation to commercial property?
- Where can internal and external clients gain significant benefits?
- How do you identify a Capital Allowances opportunity?
- What is happening in the commercial property world?
- What current issues should I be considering – including from recent Budget announcements?
- When is the right time to make a claim?
- Why should I partner?
- What should I look for in a partnership?
- Building capability and trust
- Shaun Marsden – Director/Capital Allowances Expert
- Nathan Robinson – Capital Allowances Expert
- Dean Needham – Capital Allowances Technical Team Manager
One of the founding members of Catax, Shaun 12 years’ experience of working with commercial property portfolio owners, investors and accountants. Having identified unused capital allowances on more than £3bn of commercial assets to date, Shaun is one of the UK’s leading specialists in navigating and exercising the Capital Allowances Act.
Dean has been with Catax for seven years and leads its capital allowances technical team which reviews and submits a significant number of successful capital allowances claims every year. His practical knowledge is significant, based on completing thousands of claims relating to property acquisition, disposal, construction and refurbishment.
A member of Catax’s commercial property team, Nathan recently joined from a boutique capital allowances consultancy where he was a trusted partner to accountants, particularly in the area of section 198 election negotiations and historical property acquisitions. Previously, Nathan spent nearly two decades in the Private Banking arena.
Virtually Live Partner
With more than 10 years' experience find out how Catax can assist you in helping your client claim back valuable tax relief.
Virtually Live resources
A range of articles and information on the key topics being discussed at Virtually Live, as well as some of the sessions from 2020.
ICAEW is able to provide Virtually Live 2021 free to our members and students, thanks to our commercial partners...
Win Oculus Quest goggles
Register for Virtually Live and watch five sessions to enter a competition to win a pair of Oculus Quest VR goggles when you complete the event feedback survey form.