|Please note: The Financial Secretary to the Treasury experienced significant sound issues during the recording. The full text of his speech can be accessed from gov.uk|
Jesse Norman MP, Financial Secretary to the Treasury, opened this session with a live statement on the government's response to the COVID crisis.
His statement was followed by an expert panel discussion chaired by ICAEW's Tax Faculty, which has been at the heart of support to members, particularly in regards to the Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme. The discussion focused on:
Today – responding to the COVID crisis
- Government’s response and likely next steps.
- Paying for the COVID crisis.
- Pressures on the tax system.
Tomorrow – what will the future look like
- The UK as an independent trading nation.
- How should we tax digital services?
- Digitalisation and future tax admin system
We are all in this together
- Covid has highlighted that HMRC, HMT and the tax profession can work together as trusted partners.
- HMRC’s strategy for tax agents
ICAEW Virtually Live 2021
Building on the success of 2020's event, Virtually Live returns on 15, 16 & 17 June 2021. ICAEW will be hosting a series on live and on demand sessions providing insight and expertise on the key issues effecting finance professionals.
Jesse will sharing his thoughts on our panel the importance of tax policy
Cerys will be sharing her thoughts on our panel session on the importance of tax policy.
Jane will be sharing her thoughts on our panel session on the importance of tax policy.
Frank will be sharing his thoughts on the: Importance of tax policy panel
Virtually Live Resources
Additional articles and content on technical areas including: audit, business advisory, financial reporting, risk management and tax.